The Public Higher Education Network of Massachusetts
PHENOM understands that our ability to create the kind of higher education system Massachusetts deserves depends on bringing students, faculty, staff, alumni and other stakeholders from all the state’s public college and university campuses together around five basic principles, summarized here:
1. Fund public higher education so it can serve the Commonwealth.
2. Make higher education affordable.
3. Make higher education accessible to all.
4. Hire more teachers, researchers, and staff.
5. Honor and expand democratic institutions of governance for public higher education.
Read the full statement of principles and PHENOM’s core beliefs here. PHENOM promotes these principles through research, education, grassroots mobilization, and engaging its constituents in civic action. In a very short time, PHENOM has become an authoritative voice in the public higher education policy debates in the state.